Diff.erent, Diff.eren.ce
My childhood friend sent me a present all the way from Australia, and it has made such a difference. Brooke Fraser's Albertine, blew both my brother and I away. Credits to Miss Gwen Ho, for introducing Brooke Fraser into both Nicky's and my world :) Thank you Gwenny! I've been listening to it since it arrived and there's no denying that I love God's music.
I found it pretty timely that Pastor Chris Long came down to hold a youth seminar about music - God's music VS the devil's music. It's real. Pastor Chris challenged the youth to take a 30 day diet, off secular music and to indulge in nothing, but God's music. And in today's context, that's a true challenge. After all, the music of this generation is.. slightly insane, no?
Pastor Chris also gave new meaning to the word 'diet'. Without the t, which is Christ, we'd die. Without the t, we'd die. It spoke loud and clear.
I've been so lost in school work, that I didn't stop to take a fresh breath of God's presence. I was unprepared for the weekend, I truly was.
God broke my heart for someone I held and still hold dear. I thank God that I was there for and with her through a challenging phase of her life. She cried and I almost cried with her, knowing the confusion that swirled in rounds, over and over. But my heart was encouraged, knowing that being a friend was more than enough.
God hit me with "Taking Back What The devil Has Stolen" and "A life of Greatness", through Pastor Chris. I, couldn't, take it all in at once? But, I needed to hear it.
I needed to understand that there was more for me - That there's more to my life than who I already am and all that I've already lived.
The more I look at myself, the more I don't quite know how to define that girl. She just stares blankly back at me, for a lack of many things.
I cried so hard, knowing that I settled.
I settled for who I've always been. I became so content with who I was, that I stopped wanting to break out into Greatness. I brushed it off, saying that I didn't know how but it kept coming back.
"Why have you settled for who you are? Why don't you see that I have greater plans and purposes? Why can't you see?"
And at that point, I felt l.o.ve.d, like never before.
I'm still struggling a little to come to terms, but it couldn't feel more realistic. God never came this way, before. I reflected upon my life and wondered how I grew up being so content, so easily satisfied. I realised that I settled because it was my best. It was all I could have done, all I had to give, to strive, to excel and soar. It was all I had.
If you ask me about my Brother, I'd proudly lay out all his achievements, his grades, his skills, his talents and everything I couldn't and never achieved. Because I truly am proud of him, I'm proud to call Nicholas Yeo, my brother.
When we were in Nicky's room last night, we talked about times he won and times I won. He outweighed me, by a large margin. And it made me realise that, so what if I never did as well as Nicky did academically? So what if my best can barely match up to his best?
I am still, Natalie.
Nothing changes that. I don't have to win. I don't exactly want to either. Because I know that even if I lose, I'm still Nicky's little sister, regardless of whether I overtake him or not. To me, none of that matters. Even if I were to be someone so small and insignificant, God still purposed me, to be me. And I choose to take heart in that, in my God and Him alone.
Don't settle - Don't settle for mediocre. There's more to you, there's more to what you can do. There's more that you can offer this world. There's more that you withhold inside you. There's.. so much, more.
I believe I'm purposed for Greatness. God set me up for Greatness and I have no doubt that God isn't done with me. Tests will arrive in years to come, but I'll be prepared for them. I want to be ready for God.
At the end of the day, I asked myself if I wanted to be tested, tried and through or tested, tried and true.
I decided that I wanted to be true. If I went for through instead, I'd rather not live a day longer.
I found it pretty timely that Pastor Chris Long came down to hold a youth seminar about music - God's music VS the devil's music. It's real. Pastor Chris challenged the youth to take a 30 day diet, off secular music and to indulge in nothing, but God's music. And in today's context, that's a true challenge. After all, the music of this generation is.. slightly insane, no?
Pastor Chris also gave new meaning to the word 'diet'. Without the t, which is Christ, we'd die. Without the t, we'd die. It spoke loud and clear.
I've been so lost in school work, that I didn't stop to take a fresh breath of God's presence. I was unprepared for the weekend, I truly was.
God broke my heart for someone I held and still hold dear. I thank God that I was there for and with her through a challenging phase of her life. She cried and I almost cried with her, knowing the confusion that swirled in rounds, over and over. But my heart was encouraged, knowing that being a friend was more than enough.
God hit me with "Taking Back What The devil Has Stolen" and "A life of Greatness", through Pastor Chris. I, couldn't, take it all in at once? But, I needed to hear it.
I needed to understand that there was more for me - That there's more to my life than who I already am and all that I've already lived.
The more I look at myself, the more I don't quite know how to define that girl. She just stares blankly back at me, for a lack of many things.
I cried so hard, knowing that I settled.
I settled for who I've always been. I became so content with who I was, that I stopped wanting to break out into Greatness. I brushed it off, saying that I didn't know how but it kept coming back.
"Why have you settled for who you are? Why don't you see that I have greater plans and purposes? Why can't you see?"
And at that point, I felt l.o.ve.d, like never before.
I'm still struggling a little to come to terms, but it couldn't feel more realistic. God never came this way, before. I reflected upon my life and wondered how I grew up being so content, so easily satisfied. I realised that I settled because it was my best. It was all I could have done, all I had to give, to strive, to excel and soar. It was all I had.
If you ask me about my Brother, I'd proudly lay out all his achievements, his grades, his skills, his talents and everything I couldn't and never achieved. Because I truly am proud of him, I'm proud to call Nicholas Yeo, my brother.
When we were in Nicky's room last night, we talked about times he won and times I won. He outweighed me, by a large margin. And it made me realise that, so what if I never did as well as Nicky did academically? So what if my best can barely match up to his best?
I am still, Natalie.
Nothing changes that. I don't have to win. I don't exactly want to either. Because I know that even if I lose, I'm still Nicky's little sister, regardless of whether I overtake him or not. To me, none of that matters. Even if I were to be someone so small and insignificant, God still purposed me, to be me. And I choose to take heart in that, in my God and Him alone.
Don't settle - Don't settle for mediocre. There's more to you, there's more to what you can do. There's more that you can offer this world. There's more that you withhold inside you. There's.. so much, more.
I believe I'm purposed for Greatness. God set me up for Greatness and I have no doubt that God isn't done with me. Tests will arrive in years to come, but I'll be prepared for them. I want to be ready for God.
At the end of the day, I asked myself if I wanted to be tested, tried and through or tested, tried and true.
I decided that I wanted to be true. If I went for through instead, I'd rather not live a day longer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home